Final Cut Pro 10.6
Frequently asked questions
This plugin currently only supports MP3 files. If you have .wav files we suggest converting them.
The plugin utilizes the audio file to create the visualizer but does not play the audio in FCPX. In order to hear the audio you will have to add the audio file to your project timeline and match it up with your visualizer.
This plugin currently supports audio up to 10 minutes long.
Please make sure your audio file is 44 Hz and an .mp3 file for best results. Other audio formats or Hz rates may cause discrepancies in the animation of the effect.
The plugin must be placed starting on the first frame of the project timeline. Once you have stylized your visualizer preset you can select it in your timeline and compound the layer by itself using the keyboard shortcut Option G. After the visualizer has been compounded it can be moved in your timeline and will retain the animation.
- To make this scene first place the preset named “bars – circles” on the timeline.
- Choose a song so you can see the bars.
- Find the “Angle” rotation wheel.
- At the left of the word “Angle” there is an arrow pointing right. Click on this arrow so that it points down.
- Now you will see 3 different rotation wheels. Move the “Y Rotation” wheel to – 90.
- Now rotation the entire view using the on-screen camera controls and you will see that the bars have been rotated.
- Now simply change the color of the bars to fit your scene.
The glow controls can be found in the Effects library of Final Cut Pro X.